Monday, January 3

Banana Cake that doesn't Last

Now, for today's treasure! My mom makes this and I can hardly stand it when she does. It is SO good. So thanks Mom... this one goes out to you!

"Banana Cake that Doesn't Last "
(seriously... that is the name!)
Ingredients:
3 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
3 Eggs (slightly beaten)
1 Cup Cooking Oil
1/2 cup melted Butter
1 can Crushed Pineapple (8oz drained)
1 Cup Nuts (optional)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Cups Mashed Bananas

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Add eggs, pineapple, nuts, oil, butter, vanilla and bananas. STIR... do not beat. Pour into greased and floured tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes OR pour in to 2 loaf pans. If in the loaf pans, do not bake as long.

Enjoy... let me know if yours lasts very long :0)

9 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I LOVE the button. Great job!! I linked you up and copied the button. Thank you for making the button.

Brenda said...

I've made a lot of banana bread but never tried it with pineapple, sounds good!

Melissa said...

Ooh ... I love banana bread, and we just happen to have a few ripe bananas on hand. :)

Aisling said...

We got loads of bananas yesterday at just 10 pence (around 17 cents) for 1 kg (2.2 English pounds). Most are in the freezer, but that tray was full so I still have some out! This looks like a good recipe to use them up.

Deanna said...

Banana cake with pineapple? HAVE to make it!!

Mikki said...

This sounds delicious!!! I have some banana's in my freezer just waiting for something like this.

Love your blog! Just stopping by via The Tempt My Tummy!

Unknown said...

Oh, I have ripe bananas that NEED using. This sounds wonderful :)

Blessings!
Gail

e-Mom said...

And with cinnamon too??? This looks like a keeper. Printing...

e-Mom @ Susannah's {Kitchen}

Mandy said...

I have never attempted to make "homemade" banana bread.. only those box mixes.. but I might just try this! We LOVE that stuff.. and I know it won't last around here lol

Google